Friday, November 16, 2012

I really love my room

Here I am, comfortable in my own space. Somewhere that I feel most at home. (other than when I am physically with my whole family.) Everywhere I look, I see things I love and cherish. I look at my table, I see stationery that I have collected for many years and chucked untidily in a wire basket. I see documents and notebooks shelved on a Cluck Cluck waxed grey table organizer. (love it so much and don't think i will return it very soon. Customers won't appreciate it as much as i do and it will collect dust on the shop's shelf for a longgg time. I am not justifying myself. Lol. ) I got a rather big notice board I bought recently from Popular bookstore that I plan to decorate on top of my 5 years old cheapo printer. My drawers house things like the stickers that have accumulated since i was a child, gourmet food and tea that I couldn't bear to use yet, miscellaneous crafting materials that I look through time to time, swaroski crystals that I wanted to make into jewellery or sun catchers. My ipad nearby saves most of the new books, magazines and comics that I read. All around me I have room decor that i have kept for years and finally found a surface to display, and I realized they are mainly white and are shaped like birds and chickens. Hahah! Everytime my mom or friends enters the room she will exclaim how my room feels like a shop. My father even ventured to say that I have "cute things". I love to lie on my bed, snuggling on my bolster where I am surrounded by all my pillows and stuffed animals or reading a good book. Hmmm... I like the sound of the whirling of fan and the otherwise silence of the home, especially in the night. I love my collections of small animal figurines, crystals, washi tapes, Japanese fabric, seeds, notebooks and essential oils. I missed my collection of books in my old home, but I'm also happy that they aren't here to clutter my new room. What I love most about this place is that it re established my identity, my interests and hobbies. There is no where else I feel most comfortable with because this place is exclusively mine. I personally build this place from scratch. (well.. sort of. The floor and curtains and walls were here.)  

No comments: