Sunday, December 14, 2008

Life in focus

Watching/watched
Nothing really. Don't even watch any anime now or J drama because there is nothing interesting. Am repeatedly hounding the nearby Videoezy for House md s4/s5. I am quite an oddity, unlike many of my peers, i don't watch much tv. When i do, i watch shows they dun watch.

Reading/Read
The only good English book i can recall reading lately is Ariana Frankin's City of Shadow which tells of the Romanov and World War II. Good story and writing although there were some bits that was quite far-fetched.
I used to love David Hewson 's Nic Costa's mysteries but while the storyline is always intriguing and the characters delightfully quirky the prose had been increasingly choppy and it's highly distracting. That's why i can't finish his latest book Dante's number.
Also reading Christopher Fowler's The Water Room and i absolutely love the eccentric protagonists. They are old and cranky but yet possesses a certain droll humour distinctive of the Brits. I am so going to get the other books in the series.
I love British humour. It is way more subtle and intelligent than say the American in-your-face humour.

Games
I am going to get Persona 4 next week. Most of the gameshops doesn't have it yet and those that have are so far from my place. Persona 4 is unique in the sense that it actually has sim and rpg elements in a game plus a good plot. can't wait can't wait!
Finished playing Fable 2 and i must say that the game is disappointing. It does shine in some areas such as the social interactions and moral choices but it gets very repetitive. Add on a chunky menu section and shallow plot well... i got really bored. I find myself comparing it with Oblivion quite alot and find Fable 2 wanting. Oblivion might be repetitive too but there are so much more depth to it. (etc spell casting, combat and plot.)

Anticipating
Christmas! Ah... the stress of buying presents. I will promise myself to buy all the presents (after all i've got plenty of time now) by next Fri so i can enjoy Christmas in peace. Tomorrow i will put up the trees in my (ex) office and home. Had procrastinated far too long. Lots of christmas dinners and lunch and looking forward to dolling up for a change. I'm like young only once. :D Already thought of what updos i am going to wear but they will consist of bottles of hairsprays and lots of pins. Ah well... once a yr...

Planning
Buying presents mainly. And they are huge headaches because i really hope they'll love the presents i give them. So i will take alot of time and effort to choose them.
Oh and i want to buy nice dresses. Went to Haji and Far East on Saturday but i don't see anything i like. Only bought like 3 jackets (!) and a whole load of accessories. Well, worse come to worse i just borrow them from my sister. Surreptitiously of course. hehe...
I foresee i will be baking alot this season too. Hehe... goodness, seems like i got alot of things to do.

Thinking
Been reading books (like dummy books hahah) on Buddhism and Philosophy. Had not read enough to comment on anything just as yet but they are very interesting. I always find it sad that some of my peers find Buddhism and Taoism "unfashionable", "for the old only" or "superstituous". Each religion has its own beliefs and that we should be free to believe what we want (as long as it teaches good). We should be tolerant and respectful to other religions especially if we do not know enough of it to comment on it. I am of the mind that all religions are the same (for the good of mankind) and that we are simply worshipping the same gods/god. Differences from various religions come about due to the variance of races, cultures and perceptions we have in the world. Just my humble opinion. It really bothers me when i see people fighting in the name of religions.

Ending Remarks
Am luxuriating in bumming bliss. No need to be accountable to anyone for now except myself. I am also trying to make up for the lost sleep over the busy period during exam and work and every day i wake up (late) marvelling to myself that i don't have any plans for that day! Isn't that great? Of course i feel somewhat guilty (kinda take the edge off the happiness) but i had been working and studying almost none stop since i was 21 and i really need a break.
After the holiday stress i am going to do overhaul of my home. Make everything spic and span and get ready for Chinese New Year instead of leaving everything last minute. (i used to have the excuse of work and study but now nada.) Am actually relishing it (Being a typical Virgo and a masochistic one lol) because my home had been collecting years of rubbish and dust. Can't wait to actually make it pretty. My ending remark is getting long, so till next time!

No comments: