Monday, December 01, 2008

Insubstantial things

(Mon) The past one week passed by like a blur. There were notable events like the release of my exams (which made me ecstatically happy initially then blah the next) and that the school rejecting my appeal to take Psychology for summer on the basis that i applied too late. (And i had paid and all.) Ah well... at least i have 3 months to slack. I am still working sadly... Because i need to coach the sweet new gal taking over my position and my last day will hopefully be this Fri. I was perpetually tired last week. Must be the combination of work and exercise. I will feel energized and happy after gym then after an hour, like death itself. But i can totally understand why exercise is addictive. It really feels good after a run. Unfortunately, my appetite has increased drastically. Shucks.
Met the Monash girls Mamta, Cindy and Maha today for reunion lunch and it was very fun and nostalgic. It is also sad because Cindy will be leaving Singapore somewhat for good. Ah well, i will find someway to see her again. Beware Cindy! I might pop up in front of you one day!
After gym on Monday i saw Natalie from my sec school (whom i never saw for like 8 years?!) and boy did we talked! We stood beside the noisy road and talked for 2 whole hours. Talked? More like gossiped. hhahah! I learnt news of my old classmates that were in turn gratifying, interesting and shocking. Life is truly unpredictable. You never know what you gets really. (in the wise words of Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump.)
(Thurs) Went to the dermatologist yesterday. She was very very good. Particularly patient and understanding. I managed to zap away the small but irritating swollen blood vessel on my nose i had for years and enquire about the recent itchy scalp problem. (if anyone need her contact let me know.) Walked around Orchard for a few hours and i have to physically restrain myself from buying anything. I love far east plaza! The place is full of treasures! I saw a bag that is really chic but it costs $119. Also drooled over a glittery sandal that costs $80+. Argh... After spending so much for the treatment i know i better control my spending. Argh! Dragged myself to the gym in the evening and to counter my utter boredom i talked to the Indian guy on the treadmill who comes religiously to the gym everyday and had so far lost like 20kg! Really cool. Respect respect.
Tomorrow will be my last day! I will endeavour to take as many pictures as i can so that i can remember those zany guys.

No comments: