Sunday, November 23, 2008

inane chatter II, honestly i am just a empty headed bimbo, without the good looks (lol)

Saturday! I wasn't looking forward for this day, because i got so many things to do, which i did. I just want to slack, dammit! Woke up at a unearthly hour at 8, (for a weekend at least, become a habit already... so sad.) did household chores for a few agonizing hours while the rest of my family lolled in their beds. Clean and scrub my gardening area and pots while expressing apologies to my long suffering plants. Then Cook! Wow, have not cook for a long time other than making some odd sandwiches. (But that doesn't count.) I opened my refrigerator and found half of ingredients missing. Where are all my eggs?! But i made do and bit back screams of anguish. Half way through my dad called me to gloat that I am now the ONE doing the household chores while he is traipsing the Malaysian countrysides photographing birds. I contemplated the wisdom of flinging plates around the kitchen but decided it was too much mess. Thank goodness i don't need to cook for my siblings because they won't wake up till mid afternoon at least these lazy buggers.
Finally took a leisurely brunch while reading the newspapers and lowering what is left of my IQ by watching the latest episode of Gossip girls. The show sucks. But it made for compulsive watching because i want to watch how low the plot can sink. I am pretty sure the writers strike had been over for a few months. I want HOUSE md s4!! The craggy face, tortured visage, lanky build and acerbic wit, not to mention the intense eyes... i am salivating am i?


I am sure there is alot of photoshopping done here but... you get the picture. Looks doesn't count. haha!
Not like me to moon so much but well.. I have to act like a gal sometimes!
I rushed off excitedly to school. I like the psychology teacher because he is quite a kind sweet man. He will be quite a teacher if he talks faster and insert more interesting subjects to the lecture. So I was fighting to keep awake as i listen to him talk. Around me, everyone looked black face and stern. I tried to talk to a few people but they look very guarded. So i ended up being very sian in the class. Seriously seriously misses my last semester friends. Hiaz... Good thing is that I met my Law teacher in school and was so happy to see his face. He even shook my hand. hahah... Much as i like him, i hope i don't get to see him next semester.
I ran off (quite literally) to the library and borrowed 6 books including a very interesting one on Sigmund Freud's cases. Woohoo! I also went to look at Bras Plaza for art classes but only saw a pathetic one which only offer design classes. I am interested, but Lucy and i need fine arts classes. Why is it so difficult to find one?
20% Kinokuniya members discount! I beelined to Kinokuniya after the library and got 1 magazine and 2 comic books. I look like i am shifting homes/or libraries at that point. I noticed that there aren't good new books in the bookstores lately. What's up with that?
Finally i carried the books to Soup Spoon to grab dinner. I love love love their soup. Surprisingly there was alot of empty seats despite Bugis being super crowded. So i read and eat at the same time. I know it's odd to eat alone, especially in a restaurant, but when you are occupied with a book, people fade away.
After alighting at Newton mrt, i decided (foolishly) to walk home with my load of 9 books. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes and at one point i was really tempted to throw my books onto the road and let the cars run over them. I must have looked really limp and grouchy because a dog i passed by actually eyed me quite moanfully. A dog commiserating with me? Man... I reach a new low. Thank goodness i only met jogging caucasions (one with lots of holes in his shirt. lol) and cycling foreign workers as my body's reserve of water is depleted.
But i love walking. (read: only in the evening/night) I love the alternating sweet and woody smell of trees and flowers and of imminent rain; wind ruffling my hair and clothes; random thoughts fleeting through my mind. These are really sweet and simple pleasures i adore. And while i cursed my books and my throbbing feet, i think when time allows, i will do it again today, and tomorrow and the next.
End of long essay... now sleep for awhile before i start on another long day...zzz...

No comments: