Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy weekend

Weekend

Verbal Diarrhoea- so dun read if you want to read something of substance.

What a busy busy weekend. I went to Yi Fang's home to play with her baby, and took some very blurred pictures because Si yan wants to try taking pictures. Haha! Good effort though. Managed to go Haji Lane to spend alot of money on clothes and shoes. Went to the Kuan Yin temple to pray because my eye had been consistently twitching these days, might be the lack of quality sleep but i never know. Met Caili awhile to look at some projects she had done. Rushed down to Bishan Herb garden to learn more about herb gardening. Finally having dinner with my parents after so long (months!) and buying 2 books so that i got something interesting to read. Sadly, i didn't manage to go to the gym again this weekend. Will chiong again during the weekday. After all, my membership only applies for weekdays and going in the weekend means i have to pay $5 for day pass. Seriously not worth it.

The best part of the weekend came yesterday as i am waiting for my father at the bus stop alone. It was coming dusk and the air was filled the scent of impending rain. It was quite cool and gentle breezes was brushing lightly against my skin. I was bored and decided to plug in my earphones to listen to John Mayer. I have only got John Mayer on my phone because i was lazy to download more music ever since i bought the phone. The music from W980 is sublime... Now i understand why some people buy the best and the most expensive sound systems. Gosh, I really love acoustic and i love John Mayer's voice. His voice is so husky and intoxicating. Especially when he sings "Falling" and "In your atmosphere." My hair literally stands on its ends.

As i was waiting, i saw the weirdest thing. A 40ish woman brisk walked pass me wearing black and white tailored work jacket on top and red sport SHORTS and SHOES below. She was also carrying stacks of documents on her hands and an umbrella hanging from her arm. The contrast is just jarring... I just look incredulously at her back as she walked quickly away. I guess i had that usual expression on my face la, you know lah friends, the mouth ajar and THAT frown. And i even placed a finger on my chin like "what the hell?" Then i turned around and saw someone in a car just infront of me laughing hilariously at ME. Bugger. No, is not my father.

No comments: