Wednesday, November 19, 2008

more inane chatter

It is another rainy day, another day of humdrum. So i thought as i went to work in the morning. And was greeted by Jasper's patented nutty honey mustard sandwich. Yummy! Despite his protests, I suspect it's his wife who made it. Taste too good to be made by this clownish and macho bugger. Everyone in the office had half a slice while he made a full sandwich for himself. Okkkk...
I also talked at length with a primary school classmate whom i found in facebook. 16 years! The last time i saw him was 16 years ago and we can talk so naturally on msn now. And about controversial topics like homosexuality (no we aren't) and "Tiger" shows in Bangkok somemore. Hahah! It was funny. I had to cover up quickly when my bosses walk pass. I am really not a model employee today.
The highlight of the day is when my bosses tell me that they have settled on someone they can replace me with!! WOOHOO! She will be coming next Monday and i only need to coach her for a week before i can gooo!! WOOHOO! Yes, despite my inner jubilations i felt tugs of sadness. I had been working in Rhema for more than a year and i love the people here. Definitely including my bosses. Everyone there are fair, kind, understanding and very funny people. And we share this unlikely chemistry with each other. Not chemistry actually, i reckon it is the "bully Sijin" spirit that they really have. hhaha... I can be totally myself there. As in the irrelevant and madcap person that i restrain myself from being because they are highly tolerant to my nonsense. haha! Maybe the people there are more nonsensical than me that's why. Now that i wrote this i am wondering why i am even leaving... No... i got too much things to do, most of all my family responsibilities. Oh man... i think i will really miss them...
I love taking the bus home, especially after a rain, especially when i am beside the window. It always put me in an introspective mood. And today is no different.
Realized i have been blogging quite alot lately. Which is unusual judging from the frequencies of my past entries. Well... writing is very cathartic. It does evoke alot of feelings and memories as i write but when i finish my last word there is a great sense of release and relief. I love writing and my secondary school teacher, Mr Quek, was instrumental to that. He even told the class that he will bring my journal (we used to write journals and the teachers will mark them.) home so he can read it at his own leisure. Hiaz... i love secondary school. While primary school remain the time i had unaffected unadulterated fun, secondary school was the time i was great in what i love to do. Which was art and literature. On the hindsight of the academic disaster that was junior college, i should have taken what i love instead of the conventional and the practical route. At that moment of time, i didn't dare to step out of the ordinary and now i have to suffer the rest of the way... Oh boy.. i suddenly really intensely miss my secondary school teachers... Mr. Sim, Mr. Teoh, Ms. Kathy Yeo (she is the greatest of all art teachers), Mr Quek, Ms. Chua... You might not realized the effect that your guidance give to your myriad students, but for us, it will stay with us for the rest of our lives...
I have always been horrendous at following up with people, with friends. I hope this holiday i can meet up with my old and new friends as well as my past teachers.

No comments: