Sunday, November 09, 2008

Where did my Fri and Sat go?

I resolve to work really hard next week. Have been the most lousiest employee for some time and the bosses have been really really nice about it. Haiz, i will seriously miss the people there if not the soul draining monotonous work.
It is the real start of my "holiday". Not say "holiday" now because i just learnt that i can take psychology this semester. That's great, because while i can lighten the load for my next semester, the workings of the human mind also intrigue me. Lucy, Yu han and i are always contemplating the utter unpredictability and intricacies of our psyche. We are the philosopher bunch and can talk about anything under the sun and beyond it in fact. Even cancelling the Halloween party so that we can talk. Take me for example, i am fantastically idiosyncratic. I tend to procrastinate more when i am stressed. The more work i need to do, the more i will divert my attention to less important things. Or that while i am very much an open book i will sometimes act in contradiction to my emotions so that i can hide behind the facade of impassiveness and detachness. This latter characteristic is something that we all 3 agree that we will do to protect ourselves from disappointment and uncertainty.

Chit chat hmm... I just realised that i am happier and comfortable with people who i can talk things with. People who actually have opinions, experience and perception about human issues. That is why i get along with people older than me better, Lucy and Yu han not including. I used to be very serious, focused and pensive when i was in secondary school, early part of JC and early part of monash college (i 'm sure Ilica and gang can attest) but as i grow older and know people who are younger, much younger, i guess i started to become more frivolous and immature. I do love that part of me, where i can banter, laugh freely, be spontaneous and nutty. (It came with a cost, because as i reflect now, i grow less driven and focused academically when i become like that. Guess that i am just someone who cannot multi task. Is either one way or the other.) But i still prefer talking, because this is when my real self comes in. When i marvel and deliberate at the things going around me, to discuss about things but to try not to judge because we are human and above all, fallable. I took feature writing last sem because of this and was devastated as the lecturer in Singapore is not charismatic and experienced enough to make the students discuss about human interest stories. Hiaz... well, i hope psychology is different. Hope that it will really give me something to think about.

Since when did this post become so serious and self indulgent? Wanted to write about the Caroline's slumber party and it evolved to this. Lol.. Ah well, i write about it tomorrow and all. It got some very unflattering pictures of me but i am going to post it up or Caiyun and gang will start snoring.

No comments: