Friday, June 23, 2006

Wasted holiday! Argh.

Next week school will start. As much as i anticipate the prospect of going school again to study, i felt that the 3 weeks of holiday seemed so fleeting. I didn't even get to do the things i set out to do! Bugger. ( * i'm juz wondering if i should change my blogskin. The words are so tiny that it makes reading difficult. Argh. Have to re edit all the html again.*)

What did i say i want to do for my holidays again?
  1. Go little India myself after work. But just can't muster the effort to go, usually exhausted after work but honestly, Mustafa Center is the best after 11pm. I love the place, so many things to see and browse.
  2. Start Gardening. Couldn't pick up the spade. Sigh... i'm so procrastinative. (Wait, where is the spade now?) Bugger. I enjoy planting and growing plants, especially herbs because they smell really nice. Since i grow them without using pesticides and chemicals, they can be used for cooking and other stuff too.
  3. Buying clothes and shoes. No money. 'nuff said. But i probably have to buy some t shirts and a new pair of slippers for school.
  4. Create a blog. That i manage to do. I want to be more internet and computer savvy and to practice my flagging English.
  5. Read more books. Oddly enough, i'm way below my average of 7 to 8 books per holiday. This holiday i only read 3 books. The rest are computer books. Yes computer books. I never thought i will ever be interested in computer stuff.
  6. To go out more. In fact, i think i have become a hermit. Having internet and a personal laptop has really open up a new world to me so much that i think i don't want to go out so often. Yes i know, i'm nuts but i only get internet access this year. Have i failed to mention this but my family lived in the stone age.
  7. Lose weight, exercise more. Ultimate and total failure.
  8. Yes, to get in touch with my religion more. I have been neglecting my religion. During my exams, i started to think i need soul replenishment. Don't you think that after some time, you feel tainted and affected by all the rubbish (bad aura) around us? I do. That's why sometimes i hide at home. Everything is so much less complicated when you have a moment of solitude. I love going to the temple. When i enter one, i usually feel a sense of peace. All the noise (in all sense.) dies away and i feel enveloped in calmness and ,for some reasons unknown, happiness. I love the smell of incense (but not when it start sticking to my hair and clothes.), the glitter of the statues and the flickers of flames on candles. Perhaps the feelings are purely psychological, although saying that seem to undermine the significance of Buddhism to me. I think everybody should have a religion to find the inner balance. Any religion that suits you. But it never fail to make me sad when i see the prejudice people have on Buddhism. Some say it is old-fashioned, superstitious, for the aunties, and simply worshipping empty statues. Each to its own. But people should read more on Buddhism to understand the history and meaning behind it before criticizing it.

All these goals and 80% undone. Sigh... Wonder if i can squeeze these goals all by this weekend? Never hurt to try. -_-

No comments: