Monday, June 26, 2006

A usual day 0_o

Hmm... found out today that i need to start school on Wed. This news gave me a tingle of anticipation. Yay!! Studying again! I know it sounds odd but i think being a student, studying gives me a sense of purpose. (Well, i know i won't say that after a month into the term. o_o) Holidays are fun but it feels a little empty somehow. At least this holiday. I think it must be because i didn't accomplish much.
What a hot hot weather today. Today is the first day of the Chinese Lunar month so i am going to stay clear of all meat. As of all first and fifteen of each lunar month, i helped my mom with the preparation of all the stuff we need to burn. It is a long and tedious process. Other than the preparation itself in which we need to fold alot of hell papers into ingots, my family's tradition is that we pray at our house, followed by the temple housing my mother's side ancestors and lastly, by my late grandfather from my father's side. It is tiring but i have to confess that finishing the whole process give us a sense of accomplishment. Sometimes i wonder why we have to go through it. It is what a lot of people will consider a waste of time. But i think it is for a peace of mind. Call me superstitious, and i think alot of people will, but i believe in the existence of the afterlife. (i think i'm beginning to sound like a crank now.) Another reason why i do that is also because i have to help my mom sometimes. If i don't help her, she have to do it all alone. I do get lazy and escape from it alot, but i will help out when i can. Sometimes i'm really glad that i have a bunch of friends who can understand my weird lifestyle. When i tell them that i need to do this, they'll be considerate. (it helps that they are Buddhist.)
My grandmother was asleep when i visited the house. She looked so vulnerable and small when she sleeps. My grandmother is over ninety years old and she's so small she doesn't take up much space on her huge bed. It's been eleven years since my grandfather passed away yet she still keep to her side of the bed. It's achingly sad. I heard that she still stare at my grandfather's picture and cry sometimes. Life is... i don't know...
My mom and i went for a celebratory ice cream after that. I have to say, but the ice cream shop at Serene Center is really healthy. No preservative, no artificial anything and from personal experience, not sweet too. i was unsettled when i tasted the first bite. So health freaks, you know where to go.
I'm watching the anime Blood+ now. Woah, it's really gory and mysterious. Just my cup of tea. It's a story narrating a seemingly young girl Saya, who's blood kills vampires. She's an immortal who live a couple of lifespans trying to kill humanity's sworn enemy, who is also her (guess what?) sister. (Yes, yes, what a cliche.) The storyline is interesting, always keep you guessing, and the characters are multi-dimentional. (I love Haji.) It is not as nice as Samurai Champloo, Full metal panic and Full metal alchemist (Just watch the movie and was rather disappointed). but it is fun.
Ah, the end of my holidays. I have this overwhelming feeling to buy alot of stationery for the new term. ( all the G-techs, Pilots and U-zone calling for me.) Yah, and to get a new school diary. Hmm... love being a student. I will miss the carefree days of the holidays, but school beckons.

No comments: