Sunday, July 16, 2006

21 going 45


Grabbed this picture from my-coke-goddess. Felt rather disappointed that i didn't bring my sis's camera along. Hmph, she needed it for her music concert thingie the same day.

Ah yes, i finally went "clubbing" at DXO. 21 odd years old and just stepping into a club for the first time. Just call me the epitome of suakunness.

I have to say, DXO is a pretty good chill out place. Nice ambience, intimate, beautiful scenery, small crowd.(so you don't really have to jostle with the rest.) They had a Miss bikini competition that night and me, Xiao Ding Dang, My Coke Goddess was highly amused by the slinky moves the girls made as they prance along the stage.

This whole experience of going to a club is sort of a non-event. I had a pretty high expectation of how clubbing will be like and when i finally went, it felt pretty... well, boring. Not what i imagine. Maybe it was the small crowd, the total absence of dancing(because of the Bikini competition), the casual dress code, but it doesn't have the thrill i anticipated. Everything felt so mellow. I couldn't really drink alcohol (but i sipped some vodha lime. It taste surprisingly good. Oh no, i'm a potential alcoholic.) because i'm recovering from food poisoning. I was pretty sapped of energy too, the result of food poisoning and a busy Friday nite at Kino. My parents will be so proud of me.

But i think, knowing the kind of person i am, that the real clubbing scene which i expect (if me and my friends go Mos or Zouk next time.) will probably bore me senseless after awhile. I think the dancing, drinking and dressing up is mindless frenzy. There isn't much of purpose to it. (though we girls can lose weight from it.) You get wild for awhile and if you drink alot, get a hefty hangover the next day. Clubbing is somewhat overrated. Hmm... I think i'll prefer drinking coffee or tea at some cafe, snuggling at some over sized sofa and chatting away, or shopping. Yes, i'm a boring person. >_<

It helps that you have a bunch of good friends that you can hang out with during boring times like this. Coke Goddess, Giant and Xiao Ding Dang are always so perky and fun. Especially when they are high with alcohol. Wah haha. Too bad that Giant had to leave when i come. Feel so xian with my working hours. It's too irregular. I can't spend time with my family and friends during the evenings when they are free. Sigh.

No comments: