Saturday, July 29, 2006

The herb experience

I went for the herb gardening class today and i have to admit it was an eye opener. I learn so much! I've learnt how to grow my herbs better and the class also answer the many questions i have. Do you know that one of the golden rule of growing herbs is not to use fertilisers? It will dilute the taste and smell of herbs. But we can water them with water that we use to wash fishes when we cook, or leave crush eggs on the soil of the pots. The teacher also made a herbal concoction for us made of old ginger, raspberry, strawberries, mints and basil. Very enlightening. We also receive a $5 voucher and a free box of fertiliser. Not bad for a $25 class. people who are interested can register at either Far East Flora Thomson or Queensway. The class is held every Saturdays at 10am to 12 pm at Queensway near the Rideout McDonald Tea House.
I also went shopping alone today at holland village. I bought a cool $10 polo t-shirt, a pants that i bargained $4 off and a Scoll shoes. The last i bought only because my old shoes have no fiction at all because the bottom of the slippers have worn off. It was raining and i kept slipping. After buying the shoes, i nearly vomited blood. I was wondering why i got the shoes at such a steal of $30 when other shops sell them for $50 and above. Now i know why. Although it is apparently genuine, the shoes are super uncomfortable!! I end up having to buy a shoe pad to keep the shoes from slipping off my feet. Haiz, the offending shoes.









But i have to admit, in spite of it all, i still like it alot. It looks sweet, classy and most of all, it costs me $30!!! I better make full use of it. So girls, please don't buy anything with a price tag too good to be true! Argh.

No comments: