Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Nice Tuesday

I had recently changed my work schedule and now have my Tuesday evenings free! Wow... you have no idea how it feels, this is this first time in more than a year i was able to go out and see the sun sets, enjoy the cool evening air and watch the light decends into the darkness. I never expect how much i will miss this time of the day till i started working part time. I love it when the sun cast an orange tinge to everything we see, and when you sense the air around us turn cool and fragrant. People will start to move and act slower, and there is a certain exquisite stillness in the surroundings. I love to walk around Botanic gardens and watch the sights and the sounds around me as the day slides to the night.
I was ecstatic when Tuesday come. It feels like i got a world of possibilities at my feet, free to go anywhere i choose, free to do what i wish. I got school on that day and planned to do some homework after that. I brought my incredibly heavy laptop to school to do some excel work. It was pretty fun at school, we went to the new Ding Tai Fung at Raffles City and i blew $12 on some baos and wantons. I still prefer Crystal Jade however. In my eyes, Crystal Jade still beat other chinese restaurants hands down. I think it might be the chicken stock.
After that, i went to study with Big Bao and Jason. I sort of show them my blog. (well, they insisted. Haha.) So i say that i will put their faces on my blog the next time. Here they are!! Now you know why we call the Big Bao a bao and Jason the bugger!!









The bao and bugger
haha!!
After the "revision" in which i never accomplish anything, i decided to go Far East Flora at Thomson. Why there? I love flowers, herbs, nature and gardening. I haven't garden for a long while because i just didn't have the time! Gardening takes up plenty of our time, no kidding.
I took some nice pictures of the flowers at Far East Flora. Look! All flowers! They also have a coldroom where they store all the freshly cut flowers. I was tempted to buy them, but i hated the fact that they'll die after a while. It seems so cruel.
I also decided to sign up for a herbs gardening session on the coming Saturday because i simply love herbs. I've grown all kinds of herbs-thymes, rosemary, lavender, lemon balm, mints, and basils. ah, love them all. We can even use them for aromatherapy, cooking and even as alternative medicine. Best of all they all smell incredible.
It was 8pm when i left the place. Since it was near McRitchie Reservoir i decided to go there for a solitary stroll carrying my nearly 2kg laptop and random textbooks. Well, good exercise, i have to say. I took some pictures of the reservoir while peering behind me warily. It was the first day of the seventh month and i was worried about perverts. There were a few people there, lovers, joggers and a woman smoking and muttering to her 5 dogs. I think i really look out of place there. Everyone stared weirdly at me.
My parents came to pick me up so that we can have dinner at an organic shop called Yogi Hub at Little India. My father had just returned from Malaysia and i was really happy to see him. Really miss him.
Hmm. What an eventful day. I'll endeavour to go Botanic Gardens on the next Tuesday.
Ps: will post the pictures i've taken on the next entry.

No comments: