Thursday, March 22, 2007

Some random pictures

Ga... I wrote a long heartfelt blog and uploaded some pictures and my dwang computer hang on me before i can save it. Bwah....

My father is a fanatic for photography and he had been urging me to do the same. I managed to resist for a while, mainly because i know it's a hobby that will take up alot of time and effort, to say the least. And i really don't want to part from my books, animes and computer games. (yah, i am a geek.) But he managed to batter down my wall of resistance. So, my last weekend consists of me trudging around MacRitchie Reservoir, Botanic Gardens and Bird Park, twice a day. Great exercise, though i gain alot of calluses on my feet for that. Guess what? I decided i really enjoy the expeditions. It is a challenge to take better pictures with the multiple functions of the camera, what's more, I love immersing myself in nature and the bonding with my parents.

Botanic gardens











Wahahaha! My father very willingly allow me to use him as a model to improve my portrait pictures and i think he explicitly say he will kill me if i use his pictures in my blog, but he should be glad that i didn't post the ones he acted as a monkey. Hehehe... This picture is actually pretty lousy, it's dark and the contrast not very vivid. Yah, i got lots to improve on. -_- The reason why he is dressed like that is because he needs to protect his eyes. (or he have to OP again.)Photography pretty much strains the eyes. So hence the sunglasses and hat.














I think there is a conversion problem, it looks better if you click on it, then the bee will look clearer. My father says it's overexposed, but i like the colours contrast of the flower, bee and background.













Looks much more clearer if you click on it. The background sucks, but i love the intricate details of the dragonfly. Too bad i couldn't manage to take it flying.



My favourite, though it's alittle blurred. and a stupid leaf is covering the flower. It's a sunbird. And it can be found where these yellow flowers grow.
Bird Park



A lory bathing. These really colourful birds are housed in a huge impressive aviary. The bird was wiggling and splashing around in the water really happily when it bathed. Very very cute, i was smiling when i took the pictures.






Lories fighting over bathing space. >_<




I was trying to feed an ostrich a blade of leaf, dunno why my father never take the ostrich in this picture. I got other pictures, but it's pretty blur and yellow. We were half dead from the heat when he took this one for me so in the five or six pictures he took, only this one is presentable. The camera is so heavy that i slouch the whole time.
MacRitchie Reservoir
I went to MacRitchie myself because it's really relaxing and quiet. It was pretty late when i reached there so most of the pictures are quite dark. My camera (being the cheap model) isn't good for taking pictures in the dark. The higher the aperture the better it can take pictures at night, and of course, such cameras are really expensive. (*Dryly*)















I took this picture at the boardwalk. I like to stare at the huge expanse of water and trees on the other end and imagine myself in Amazon. Hahahaha... okok, i know i'm insane. It's an uneventful picture, but i like the ripples in the water and the dark moody atmosphere. I went to the reservoir after a rain hoping to capture the mist that sometimes hang above the water after a downpour, but it was absent that day. Gaaa...















After the sky darken ominously, i walked to the flower shops beside it and bought some cut flowers. Far east flora have an extensive range, but i balked at the prices. The lilies from overseas eg Taiwan and China can cost up to $20 odd dollars! (Ole sua gu me) So i chose the really fragranted "special offer" (*read-going to die in 2 days, so not worth it*) lilies at $5. and some pots of lavender and rosemary. I decided to buy pots of herbs as oppose to growing them because i read from somewhere that cuttings grow stronger than growing them by seeds. After weaning them in my home for a bit, i'll repot them to bigger pots so that they can flower and grow bigger. Then i'll dry it and give to my friends as potpourri. Heee...





















My lilies and sucks i've forgotten to switch on the anti-shake.
















and my herbs. 0_0
Oh yah, behind are some of the myriad pictures of my family.

No comments: